Sliding Sash Timber Windows
Our vertical sliding sash timber window system is from our Scandinavian product family. Although designed for projects where conservation and surrounding buildings are key factors, it utilises the same impressive methods of production to ensure performance, longevity and quality. Whilst traditional in style and sympathetic in looks our sliding sash incorporates many modern qualities. Upon opening the window the sashes are separated, thus avoiding wear on the weather strips. On closing the window the sashes meet and compress the weather seals for ultimate protection against harsh conditions. The vertical sliding sash timber window offers a very reasonable u-vale of 1.4Wm2K as standard.
- Suitable for conservation areas and projects sympathetic to surrounding buildings.
- Excellent weather proof detailing
- U-value 1.4 as standard
- Factory assembled, glazed and finished.
- Bespoke sizes and finishes
- Up to 40kg sliding sashes
The Scandinavian sliding sash timber window system is supplied factory assembled, glazed and finished as standard. Each section of timber is individually dip treated with water based preservatives prior to finishing. A full range of wood stains and RAL finishes are available (over 250 colours) or even dual colour can be taken advantage of in order to truly personalise your timber windows.
In addition you can specify whether a matt, semi gloss or full gloss finish is required. Alternatively if a stain finish is required you can choose from our Teknos range of stains. Door finish comes as standard in satin anodised aluminium (SAA).
Windows are fitted with torso balance springs and with sash hooks on the bottom sash. Both sashes have a tilting facility for easy cleaning. There is also an option that the bottom sash is openable and the top sash is fixed.
The Scandinavian AS range is manufactured from slow grown Nordic pine as standard, although other timbers are available by special request. Engineered FSC approved timber profiles are used for greater strength and durability. Double glazed with drained and ventilated external beading.
Supplied with high performance 26mm double glazed units as standard, comprising soft coat low E, toughened glass and argon gas cavity (or equivalent). As standard products are supplied factory glazed and beaded externally. All glazing should be carried out in accordance with BS6262.
- Thermal transmittance: 1,4 W/m2K
- Sound insulation: Rw (C; Ctr) = 33db (-1; -4)
- Cross sections: frame: 51x136 mm; sash: 61x61 mm; transom: 51x136mm
- Pine wood with quality class A1–A3
- Wooden profiles treated with water based preservative
- Glazing unit: double glazing 26 mm (Ug = 1,1 W/m2K)
- Hardware: Torso pre-tensioned balances, Fix espagnolettes, Hoppe and Titon handles
- Maximum permitted mass for the sliding sash: 40 kg
Ogee mouldings are applied to the inside of the sash profiles. The top frame can be fitted with decorative horns on the outside. Customise your timber windows with transoms, mullions, plant on bars, glazed in bars and insulated panels.