- Panel to panels sightlines of only 122mm.
- Panel widths up to 1100mm.
- Panel heights up to 2900mm.
- Double glazed 1.0W/m2K centre pane U-Value = Overall frame & glass 1.4W/m2K.
- Triple glazed 0.5W/m2K centre pane U-Value = Overall frame & glass 0.9W/m2K.
Features & Benefits:
Why You Should Choose Us As Your Sunflex Distributor
- With over 10 years of partnership we are one of the longest running Sunflex distributors in the UK.
- We aim to be the most competitively priced UK distributor.
- We offer supply, delivery and installation. Leave it all to us.
- We work on projects Nationwide. Domestic, commercial, big and small.
- We offer a guarantee of up to 15 years.
- We provide an inclusive CAD design package as standard and unlimited advice.
- No obligation quotations and consultations.
- Over 80% of our business is a result of recommendation or architect specification.
- Often used in conservation areas or on projects with strict planning requirements.
- Narrow sightlines with only 122mm panel to panel mullion widths.
- Specially designed handles sit in line with the frame to provide an uninterrupted view through the glass.
- Option to have a traditional lever handle with latch to lead doors.
- Option to add vertical and horizontal (mullions and transoms) mid rails or plant on glazing bars for a more traditional look.
Thermal Efficiency & Weather Tightness
Officially tested and certified to ensure they really do keep bad weather outside.
- Double glazed 1.0W/m2K centre pane U-Value = Overall frame and glass 1.4W/m2K.
- Triple glazed 0.5W/m2K centre pane U-Value = Overall frame and glass 0.9W/m2K.
- Accommodate glazed unit thicknesses of 8mm, 28mm or 40mm.
- Acoustic performance tested at Rw=36dB. Further upgrades available.
- Water tightness 300Pa (Class 7A).
- Air permeability 600 Pa - BS EN 12207 (Class 4) with our standard weathered track.
- Resistance to wind load (Class B5).
- EPDM gasket around the door which is an extremely durable synthetic rubber. Offering a long life weather tight seal.
- Double rebated top and bottom tracks offering a tight compressed seal.
A good U-Value does not mean a door keeps out the wind and the rain. Make sure you check out a doors weather test results before you buy.
- Secured by Design certified. Designed and manufactured to police preferred specification.
- British Insurance Standard and BS3621 compliance. Five-lever Euro profile cylinder.
- Multipoint locking system. Hidden top and bottom shoot-bolts with additional side locking points and latch on lead door panels.
- Internally glazed preventing the glass being easily removed from the outside.
- Hinge pins secured by internal grub screws ensuring panels cannot be separated.
- Slim 8mm gasket between panels to help against panels been levered apart by potential intruders.
- Toughened safety glass used as standard. Laminated security glass, solar control glass and many other specs available.
If not required ask for no key lock to the outside of the doors. For a sleeker look and less opportunity for any potential burglar.
Built In Design
- Manufactured using engineered timber profiles (Timber sections laminated together for greater strength and stability).
- German designed, engineered and manufactured.
- Bottom running system with glass fibre reinforced running gear concealed within the track. Fully adjustable for smooth running.
- Movable corner post options of 90° or 135°. Open up the entire corner of a building or two elevations.
- Faceted and curved door sets possible with up to 10° between panels.
- Built in tolerance to cope with expansion and contraction.
- Trickle vents (colour matched) of 2500mm2 or 5000mm2 can be incorporated within a 35mm add on profile above the top track.
- Panel catch - Unique to Sunflex bifold doors the locking panel catch is provided when there is an odd number of panels. The catch holds single access door on to the next panel and when the doors are stacked open, preventing the lead door from being detached and offering peace of mind in windy conditions. Also prevents unwanted use and promotes correct operation of the doors for effortless operation.
- Stacking clip - Unique to Sunflex bifold doors the stacking clip, hidden in the top track, holds the doors open to ensure that the maximum opening is achieved, the doors do not start to close in the wind and helps prevents unwanted use by small children.
- Finger cushioning gaskets situated on the edge of each door. This double gasket seal provides a cushioning effect if fingers were to be trapped. Making these doors safer than conventional doors.
Wide Range of Finishes
- Timber is Nordic Pine (softwood), Mernati (hardwood) or upgraded to American White Oak. Other timbers are also available.
- Frames supplied fully finished with a Sikkens timber stain or painted to a RAL colour.
- Dual colour finish available (different internal and external colours).
- For oak timber, Tung oil can be used to bring out the natural beauty of the grain.
Handles and hinges
- Door handle standard colours are Brown C34PC, Black RAL9011 or White 9016, alternatively upgraded to any RAL or in stainless steel. Plastic D handle used at the hinge for outward opening doors to pull the doors closed.
- Subtle hinges are in line with the black gasket of the doors making the standard black RAL 9011 hinge a popular choice. Brown C34PC and White RAL 9016 are also standard with any RAL colour available.
Marine and swimming pool environment finishes
- When supplied fully finished these frames are suitable for surrounding a swimming pool. We do however recommend a marine treatment to the hardware if you are within 5000 metres of the coast or around a swimming pool/chemical environment. Stainless steel handles would not be suitable for this location.
With double rebates offering peace of mind even in the most exposed of locations. One of the only bifold doors that can offer a double rebates on the bottom track which is why we achieve enviable weather test results ensuring that the outside is kept outside. On outward opening doors the internal finished floor can be level with the top of the track and then the step down to the outside can be as small as 3cm.
Low level track
With single rebate low level Doc M compliant track recessed in to the floor with a single rebate. The floor on the inside and outside can be at the same level with the track in the middle sloping up only 14mm. This provides a single rebate for the doors to close tight against which is more weather tight than the flush track.