Scandinavian AS Passive - Timber Windows
The triple glazed Scandinavian AS Passive timber window system has been developed to set the bench mark in thermal efficiency. The special wooden profile is designed with thermal insulation which is integrated during the process of lamination. This revolutionary process of manufacture allows us to boast a standard u-value of 0.8Wm2K. Two panes of Low E glazing and SGG swisspacer bars are used as standard. The unparalleled Scandinavian AS Passive is available as an inward opening side hung, tilt & turn, tilt only and fixed window.
- Suitable for the highest thermal efficient environments
- Unparalleled thermal properties
- U-value 0.8 as standard
- Factory assembled, glazed and finished.
- A choice of opening configurations and design options
The Scandinavian AS Passive timber window system is supplied factory assembled, glazed and finished as standard. Each section of timber is individually dip treated with water based preservatives prior to finishing. A full range of wood stains and RAL finishes are available (over 250 colours) or even dual colour can be taken advantage of in order to truly personalise your timber windows.
In addition you can specify whether a matt, semi gloss or full gloss finish is required. Alternatively if a stain finish is required you can choose from our Teknos range of stains. Door finish comes as standard in satin anodised aluminium (SAA).
Tilt & turn window
Window opens inwards in two ways - traditional side hung (turn) and the ventilation opening (tilt from top of the sash). There is also micro ventilation possibility. In addition ventilation restrictor device can be added to hardware to enable to fix the position after tilting sash. Maximum weight of sash is 130 kg. Also available as a double casement French window without a mullion.
Side hung window
Window opens inwards to one side (turn). Maximum weight of sash is 130 kg. Also available as a double casement French window without a mullion.
Tilt only window
The window tilts inwards from the top, but only a little, to allow ventilation. Maximum weight of sash is 130 kg.
The Scandinavian AS Passive range is manufactured from slow grown Nordic pine as standard, special wooden profiles with additional thermal insulation layer. The insulation material is added to the profile les during the lamination process before profile les are finished in the window factory thus ensuring the strength and integrity of the window frames.
Supplied with high performance triple glazed units as standard. Equipped with the Argon filled insulated glazing unit with two low-E glasses and SGG Swisspacer V warm edge solution; Ug = 0,6 W/m²K. As standard products are supplied factory glazed and beaded externally. All glazing should be carried out in accordance with BS6262.
- Thermal transmittance with SGG Swisspacer: Uw = 0,88 W/m2K
- Sound insulation: Rw (C; Ctr) = 35db (-1; -5)
- Cross sections: frame 78 x 78 mm; sash 78 x 78 mm; transom/mullion 105 x 78 mm; glazing bar 63 x 78 mm or 85 x 78 mm
- Pine wood with quality class A1–A3
- Wooden profiles treated with water based preservative
- Glazing unit: triple glazing 40 mm (Ug = 0,6 W/m2K)
- Hardware: GU Unijet
- Frame dimensions: WxH max. 2,5 x 3,2 m
- Multi-light windows with transoms and mullions
- Weight of the opening sash up to 130 kg